Do you have prints available of your paintings?
No, I have chosen not to go with this method of production as you just can't beat the look and feel of an original painting. My paintings have a textural quality that does not translate well to the printed form.
However, instead of prints , a selection of greeting cards are available nationally from selected stores. Contact the Publishers, Live Wires NZ Ltd, Phone (04) 5760055. A new series is due for release in 2011.
These cards are not suitable for framing as they are designed simply as a greeting card and the colours will fade over an extended length of time.
How much do your paintings cost?
Prices range from NZ$800 upwards. An indication of size for a NZ$800 painting may be 250 x 250 mm. A painting 1000mm x 1000mm may cost NZ$5,500 depending on its complexity.
Painting costs are calculated taking into consideration a number of factors, including:
- The amount of time involved to complete the painting. I use many layers of oil paint to obtain the depth of colour. This means a large painting can take 80-120 hours to complete.
- The degree of complexity together with the applied skills and experience required.
- The size of the piece.
- The quality of the materials involved. I only use the very best oil paints and quality linen/canvas, which means my paintings will last from this lifetime into the next.
What is the process of having a commission completed?
A commission is the best way to get a painting that will meet your needs. More meaning can be incorporated into the painting and specific colour, size, and images can be accommodated (but must be in keeping with my style of work).
In order to complete a commission, the following steps need to be done:
- We discuss the details of the painting required, ie: size, concept and image specifics. Where appropriate, I either take or receive photos of anything that is needed for me to complete the painting.
- A design is then sketched and either sent to you or an appointment made and the design discussed. Details of delivery date, costs etc, are also detailed.
- Design confirmed and a 20% deposit obtained. I can then order the canvas (which are custom made for me).
- Painting completed. Either detailed photos are sent or you can visit my studio to view the painting.
- Any changes are completed.
- Painting photographed and insurance photo letter given to you.
- Paintings varnished, packaged and couriered to you. Or I come over and hang the painting for you, depending on your location. Balance of payment is due and payable prompt on delivery.
Be assured that this is not a scary process and the above steps are designed to manage expectations and avoid any unpleasant surprises.
I have completed many commissions locally, nationally and for international clients. My waiting list is usually up to 6-8 months.